Sunday, March 25, 2012

WWM event continued

Third Game: Cryx vs Circle

This game was played using the domination scenario, which in my opinion is far better than the warmachine one. So that was quite a bit more fun, I made the mistake of putting too many boulders too close together, making it difficult for my all battlegroup Venethrax army to maneuver the way it needed to. It turned out to be an interesting game all in all though. During this game I ran with several character jacks in order to get my points. The lady I was playing was running pretty beast heavy herself. I have played this caster before but never with as much infantry, one unit of medium bases and one unit small bases. This game ended in her favor as I had misjudged several things through out the game. It was pretty close near the end and I was able to pull out a couple tricks that could have helped. However, this game more than any other that day was the game in which the dice gods decided that I was not destined to do well. haha

The lists as I remember them:

Venny
-DJ
-Harrrower
-Malice
-Nightmare

------

EKeya
-pureblood
-feral
-"bob" (horned heavy beast)

Unit of dudes with force bolt
skinwalkers

This was a fun game and I have to toss out the props for my opponent here as her use of her feat in this game was excellent. It was the best use of the feat that I have seen with this caster to date. She put a large amount of damage on my Deathjack and was able to pull all her dudes back far enough, with the use of those pesky boulders, to really make it hard/impossible to retaliate. I also remember pulling off a good kill with malice and nightmare working together to kill "bob", malice dragging him over the line to make it safe for nightmare to slaughter him. Made it so that I didn't have to put either of the jacks in a particularly bad place and got a kill.

 Fourth Game: Cryx vs Legion

This was a really bad game for me and proved that playing a caster for the first time when you have never played anything similar and also don't actually have the proper unit make up for said caster can be very bad. I got decimated, I think the guy was even playing nice by not simply blowing up my caster sooner than he eventually did.

This was a great learning experience for me though.

The lists:

PDenny
-Nightmare
-Deathripper
-Ripjaw
-Skarlock

10x raiders
-UA
Raider captain
Withershadow combine

-----

Plilith
-Ravagore
-Protious

Archers
He also ran some other stuff i can't fully remember right now.

I lost this game badly and learned that PDenny is SUPER squishy. Def 16 isn't that much when you are a caster. Sorry that this is so much shorter. At this point in the day I had been playing so much so quickly it was becoming a blur haha.

Fifth Game: Cryx vs Legion


I pulled a victory out here with another caster kill. I was playing my tried and true ESkarre list against a EVayl list. This was a very interesting game as I had started out dedicated to an attempt at the scenario victory. I had my entire unit of raiders off to the side hoping to run past his army with their high speed and just get the bunker. My opponent saw this coming and left dudes there to stop this from becoming an issue. I was able to pull off the win thanks to malice and DJ being the awesome together.

The lists:

ESkarre
-DJ
-Malice
-Skarlock

10x raiders
-UA
Raider Captain
Withershadow Combine
Machine wraith

I ended up using the machine wraith to just sit in the bunker making sure a single model didn't get through at any point. Evayl is one tricky lady but I was lucky to have malice on my side again this game. The win for this game came when vayl was sitting behind a heavy beast as a protective measure. She was also just a little outside of DJ's threat range at the time, roughly 10" away and I needed her to be at worst 9.5". But it's DJ so I loaded him with 5 focus and gave 2 to malice. Malice dragged the beast out of the way and DJ walked up, cast perdition and used it to move into position for the kill. DJ nummed another caster for the good of all cryx.

I loved all these games and would like to thank everyone who played with me for playing well making it a really fun event. Hopefully I was a fun person to play against and wasn't too whiny :P

No comments:

Post a Comment