Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tuesday game: Skarre vs PKaya

This game went pretty quickly ending in I think round 3 and taking only about an hour to actually play through. It was alot of fun to play, I enjoyed getting another taste of Circle though I think that EKaya is much more scary than PKaya personally. But my opponent rolled for which version she would play and got Prime.

I dont remember her list exactly but she roughly had:

PKaya
-Feral Warpwolf
-Gnarlhorn Satyr (I think it was this one at least, could have been the other)
-Warpwolf Stalker
-Pureblood Warpwolf (I think)

1x Druid Wilder
3x Shifting stones

I ran:

ESkarre
-Deathjack
-Malice

Necrosurgeon
10x Raiders
-UA
Raider Solo
Wither Shadow Combine

We were both running 1 point short of 35 as she didn't have one of the necessary models that she was hoping for. I took out my Machine wraith to balance it. (which had an arm break off at the end of the night in defiance for not playing him.)

I got the roll to go first and realized that I think I actually like going 2nd with ESkarre more than first. I will have to remember this in future games.

Round 1, Turn 1: I moved my army up slightly to avoid getting massive charges on the following turn and prepped to make charges.

Round 1, Turn 2: She moved up as much as possible putting her feral warp much closer than I would have expected her to (within 2" of DJ after a run order) and got her pureblood just barely into range of his massive 10 inch spray, which killed 3 of my raiders.

Round 2, Turn 1: I gave DJ 3 focus netting him a total of 5 and gave 2 focus to my malice. I moved my raiders in for a full round of pretty good attacks, using their mini feat, killing off the stones and forcing Kaya to move a damage roll (14 points) to one of her beasts. I also used them to kill off the Druid Wilder. I then attempted to have DJ kill off the Feral.......I rolled horribly and I think took out roughly half his boxes. This was a very sad attack round for me and I was very scared about next turn. Particularly after having finished my activation with Skarre realizing that I didn't pop my feat. Then I activated malice and dragged a beast pretty far out of Kaya control range. Thats 2 beasts currently not in control range of Kaya, sweet.

Round 2, Turn 2: She proceeds to begin attacking by attempting to get some 2-handed throws off. Much like my previous turn, she managed to roll badly on these attempts and failed to get any throws off or do any real damage with 2 of her hard hitting beasts. So far we are both having a very sad game. She then sprayed into my raiders with the pureblood again, killing several of them. I forget what else happened this turn but nothing major I don't think. Sorry

Round 3, Turn 1: DJ is standing in a very good spot to get his caster this turn if I can get a perdition off and move him about a little. So I start the turn with Skarre (3 focus to DJ, 4 to Skarre) and pop feat making all 4 of her beasts unable to attack and making Skarre invincible to attacks. I then cast perdition boosting both attack and damage rolls just to make sure everything goes to plan. It does it's job and not much more but puts DJ exactly where he needs to be to get the charge he is looking for. But with a 16 def I decide to move in my raiders and try for some crit knockdown, this fails and I think they did a total of 5 damage. I also had someone finish off the feral as it was very close to dead.

Then I charged in with DJ and killed Kaya in one swing of his hands and thanks to seas of fate didn't even have to boost the hit. All her beasts were maxed out on fury so she was not able to transfer the damage off of herself.

It was a very good game, which I thought for sure I was going to lose terribly after failing to kill that feral in the beginning. But then luck went about the same for her making the first part of the battle pretty harmless on both sides.

Thanks to her for playing me again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment